For more than a decade, Catalist has been a leader in civic data and data science innovation. Our mission is to provide progressive organizations with the data and services needed to better identify, understand, and communicate with the people they need to engage and mobilize. Our clients include the largest, most influential organizations in the U.S. engaged in civic engagement, advocacy, and political campaigns.
Catalist is home to a dedicated, creative team of technologists, data scientists and campaign experts who build best-in class data tools and science. Catalist is committed to using our talents and technology to nurture a vibrant, growing, progressive community.
The Sales Lead helps expand the community of Catalist users by identifying and researching sales opportunities and executing sales presentations with potential and existing clients. This position will be responsible for identifying new sectors in the progressive community for outreach, designing outreach campaigns, and developing client outreach plans as new products and services are offered. This position reports to the Chief Client Officer and the Director of Accounts Management, and works with the Marketing team and in collaboration with the Client Services, Analytics and Technology teams.
An existing political network in politics and/or advocacy is required. Experience using political data and software is a must. The ideal candidate is a collaborative and highly motivated self-starter who thrives in a sales environment. This is not a 9-5 job, and performance will be evaluated with reference to sales figures.
- Generate and maintain a sales landscape analysis to identify potential new clients, unrealized opportunities, and sectors
- Research potential clients, generate leads, and convert to concrete opportunities
- Track all sales and prospecting activities
- Create and conduct effective proposal presentations and RFP responses
- Maintain healthy relationships with existing and potential integration partners and their sales teams; identify potential integrations and business arrangements with revenue potential
- Draft weekly reports on sales efforts and emerging opportunities
- Draft weekly report of key developments in targeted races and the shifting political landscape
Skills & Experience:
- One to three years political experience – field, fundraising, digital, consultant or vendor – required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; must expertly translate complicated subjects into digestible presentations, “find the level of the room,” and be creative and personable
- Ability to diagnose client needs and creatively configure and recommend solutions to meet them
- Must be able to work independently with guidance, but limited supervision
- Must be able to work well within a team environment and across multiple teams
- One to three years sales experience, preferably in political data, software, or services
- Salesforce competency is preferred
- Background check required
Catalist values creativity and problem solving. We want to revolutionize the way data is used by political campaigns, non-profit organizations, and academic institutions, and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of advocacy efforts. Our Client Services team is critical to growing our impact.
Catalist offers a competitive salary and a strong benefits package. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Sales Lead.”
Equal Employment Opportunity
Catalist, LLC (Catalist or Company) is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate against any individual in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, veteran's status, or any basis prohibited by the law. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the Company, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a Company employee.
No recruiters or agencies. Direct hires only.