For more than a decade, Catalist has been a leader in civic data and data science innovation. Catalist is committed to using our talents and technology to nurture a vibrant, growing, progressive community. Our mission is to provide progressive organizations with the data and services needed to better identify, understand, and communicate with the people they need to engage and mobilize. Our clients include the largest, most influential organizations in the U.S. active in civic engagement, advocacy, and political campaigns.
Catalist is home to a dedicated, creative team of technologists, data scientists, and campaign experts who build best in class data tools. We are committed to using our talents and technology to nurture a vibrant, growing, progressive community.
The Analytics Department is at the center of this mission in developing cutting edge strategic tools and products for clients of all sizes and scopes. Each Catalist Analytics tool is backed by a decade’s worth of robust, individual level demographic, socioeconomic, and behavioral data, adding unparalleled context and richness to the end result.
As a critical part of the Analytics team, Analysts will support client data requests, assist with internal research and development projects, aid in the evolution of micro-targeting models, and help translate analytics materials to clients in an accessible and intuitive manner.
This position reports directly to the Director of Analytics, and works closely with members of the Client Services and Tech teams.
- Expertly leverage Catalist data resources, including voter files, microtargeting models, and synthetic tools in addressing client questions and needs
- Support internal research and development projects through thoughtful analysis and clearly communicated findings
- Assist with maintenance and development of internal Analytics data architecture
- Provide quality control to ensure Analytics deliverables are conveyed accurately and precisely
- Other duties as needed
Skills and Experience:
- At least 1-2 years of political targeting, analytics, and/or data experience is required; this is not an entry-level position
- Proficiency with large scale relational databases and statistics software
- Proficiency with web-based voter file platforms
- Successful track record of communicating complex technical concepts to non technical audiences
- Familiarity with one or more of the following: mapping/GIS software, commercial databases, reporting and program evaluation, development and applications of microtargeting models, controlled experiments, polling and survey research, digital media, data visualization
- Highly motivated, curious, and collaborative
- Strong problem-solving skills and a demonstrated capacity to thrive in high-pressure, evolving environments
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in political science, social/ behavioral science, economics, statistics, or related field preferred
- Background check required
Catalist offers a competitive salary and a strong benefits package. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Analyst.”
Equal Employment Opportunity
Catalist, LLC (Catalist or Company) is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate against any individual in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, veteran's status, or any basis prohibited by the law. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the Company, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a Company employee.
No recruiters or agencies. Direct hires only.