Data Services Account Executive
For more than a decade, Catalist has been a leader in civic data and data science innovation. Our mission is to provide progressive organizations with the data and services needed to better identify, understand, and communicate with the people they need to engage and mobilize. Our clients include the largest, most influential organizations in the U.S. engaged in civic engagement, advocacy, and political campaigns.
Catalist is home to a dedicated, creative team of technologists, data scientists and campaign experts who build best-in class data tools and science. Catalist is committed to using our talents and technology to nurture a vibrant, growing, progressive community.
As a Data Services Account Executive (AE) at Catalist, you will have a leading role in account support and solutions engineering for a set of Catalist clients including analyses of very large datasets. The DSAE supports Client Services by providing more advanced reports, campaign lists and appends that the Catalist Q and M tools cannot readily provide. The DSAE is responsible for overall project management for certain clients and providing account activity updates and participating in solution development.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated individual with excellent technical skills, a strong desire to learn new skills, and an interest in progressive politics. Catalist values creativity and problem-solving. Our work is on the cutting edge of data-driven politics, and your support will help Democratic candidates and progressive organizations conduct successful advocacy and electoral campaigns.
This position reports to the Director of Product Management and works closely with the Client Services, Analytics and Tech teams.
- Acts as an advanced user of all internal and external Catalist tools, data and products for the purpose of assessing and assisting with client needs
- Gains an understanding of client needs, political implications, and scope by interacting with Client Services, Product Management, and Analytics departments as needed
- Responsible for understanding current client needs and delivering Catalist services to meet those needs, translating needs to internal teams to satisfy requests
- Functions as a client advocate, coordinating project delivery and resolving problems by leveraging internal delivery teams on an as-needed basis, manages and coordinates all steps required for client support
- Ensures regular and appropriate client communication
- Oversees all projects assigned from start to finish; successfully delivers reports, lists, and material requests on time, accurately, and in a client-friendly format with actionable insights where applicable
- Executes requests for new business development support from Marketing team
- Escalates issues and concerns to the Director of Client Services and Director of Product Management as needed
- Creates documentation to support all deliverables for future replication
- Attends Client Services staff meetings to report on and discuss open projects
Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years experience with data management and technical applications
- Ability to be creative and personable and articulate ideas clearly
- The skills to turn data into actionable, client-friendly insights and recommendations
- Excellent project management skills, including ability to handle multiple projects at once
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills quickly
- Highly-proficient in Microsoft Office, namely Excel, working with large datasets, formulas, graphs, and pivot tables
- Experience in the following a plus: Terminal, SQL, Tableau, Access, R, or using a Unix command line interface
- A background in GIS or data visualization is also highly valued, but not required
- Experience with political campaigns or progressive organizations is preferred
- Background check required
Catalist values creativity and problem solving. We want to revolutionize the way data is used by political campaigns, non-profit organizations, and academic institutions, and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of advocacy efforts. Our Client Services team is critical to growing our impact.
Catalist offers a competitive salary and a strong benefits package. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Data Services Account Executive.”
Equal Employment Opportunity
Catalist, LLC (Catalist or Company) is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate against any individual in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, veteran's status, or any basis prohibited by the law. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the Company, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a Company employee.
No recruiters or agencies. Direct hires only.