Election Data Processing Specialist
For more than a decade, Catalist has been a leader in civic data and data science innovation. Our mission is to provide progressive organizations with the data and services needed to better identify, understand, and communicate with the people they need to engage and mobilize. Our clients include the largest, most influential organizations in the U.S. engaged in civic engagement, advocacy, and political campaigns.
Catalist is home to a dedicated, creative team of technologists, data scientists, and campaign experts who build best-in-class data tools and science. Catalist is committed to using our talents and technology to nurture a vibrant, growing, progressive community.
We are currently seeking applications for entry-level positions as an Election Data Processor during the 2018 election cycle. This is a unique opportunity to gain first-hand experience at the intersection of technology and politics. This job will be providing real time absentee and early vote data to clients for analysis and program.
Principal Responsibilities & Duties:
- Oversee the end-to-end data quality process for Absentee Vote and Early Vote (AVEV) files
- Gain proficiency with our AVEV intake tool through on-the-job training
- Coordinate the proper collection and processing of AVEV files from Secretaries of State and County Boards of Elections via email and phone calls
- Leverage internal and external resources to audit incoming files
- Document your work in a clear and thorough manner
- Other tasks as assigned
Skills & Experiences:
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Offices Suite, specifically Excel
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Passion for progressive causes, a great attitude and willingness to learn
- Extra consideration will be given to applicants with any political or technology experience
- Flexibility to work evening shifts is a plus
- Background check required
To apply, send your resume and any references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Election Data Processing Specialist” in the email title. This is a temporary position through the November 2018 Election, with the possibility of an extension. No calls, please. Due to the volume of responses we will only be able to contact candidates being asked to interview for the position.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Catalist, LLC (Catalist or Company) is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate against any individual in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, veteran's status, or any basis prohibited by the law. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the Company, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a Company employee.
No recruiters or agencies. Direct hires only.