Software Quality Assurance Engineer
For more than a decade, Catalist has been a leader in civic data and data science innovation. Our mission is to provide progressive organizations with the data and services needed to better identify, understand, and communicate with the people they need to engage and mobilize. Our clients include the largest, most influential organizations in the U.S. engaged in civic engagement, advocacy, and political campaigns.
Catalist is home to a dedicated, creative team of technologists, data scientists, and campaign experts who build best-in class data tools and science. Catalist is committed to using our talents and technology to nurture a vibrant, growing, progressive community.
We are currently looking for talented and energetic software professionals who would like to work on an exciting new set of products to help progressive organizations run more effective voter contact programs. This position will offer a unique opportunity to help build out an enterprise class data processing and analytics infrastructure for scale.
As a software quality assurance engineer at Catalist, you will have a leading role in efforts to discover actionable insights using the largest repository of individual-level data in progressive politics. Our work is on the cutting edge of data-driven politics, and your findings will help Democratic candidates and progressive organizations conduct successful advocacy and electoral campaigns.
- Working closely with domain experts and analytical staff to understand and shape functional software requirements towards being verifiable
- Create and maintain comprehensive and topical test plans
- Create and maintain automated regression test suites for functional testing of Catalist software products
- Developing and maintain test documentation
- Provide feedback on software product quality that drives production release
- Find and elaborate on software defects to produce actionable issues for software developers
- Must be able to adjust working schedule (occasional evenings and weekends) as workload demands
- Must be able to work independently and have a passion for finding bugs
Skills & Abilities:
- Hands-on experience developing test automation scripts
- Strong experience with Selenium, including ability to write automation code in Java for functional testing
- Good understanding of Java application architecture and basic principles using Selenium
- Good understanding of Agile environment
- Experience with testing on multiple browsers and platforms (Chrome, Safari, Firefox)
- Experience with continuous integration tools like Jenkins or Bamboo
- Experience with cloud-based performance testing tools
- Hands on experience with writing Selenium scripts using Java (No record and Play)
- JIRA experience a plus
- Familiar with performing validation, regression, and "smoke tests" lower down the application stack
- Sufficient familiarity with SQL to be able to query databases directly to confirm/disprove application functionality
- Demonstrated ability for organizing and creating test cases and test plans to show coverage and track progress and project health
Education & Experience:
- Must have at least 5 years experience with test automation and quality assurance with Java software products
- Experience with web application testing and web-based API testing required
- Experience with at least one RDBMS - PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL Server, etc required
- Experience with columnar databases a plus (Vertica, Greenplum, RedShift, etc)
- Experience with deployment and enterprise use of Redhat / CentOS Linux platforms a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Science or equivalent degree or equivalent experience
- Background check required
Send your resume, including references, job and academic experience, to email@example.com with the subject line "Software Quality Assurance Engineer."
Equal Employment Opportunity
Catalist, LLC (Catalist or Company) is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate against any individual in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, veteran's status, or any basis prohibited by the law. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the Company, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a Company employee.
No recruiters or agencies. Direct hires only.